Many of us who tackle projects on our own, swoon over tools and paint and any kind of gadget we can get to help us make our homes a little more special.
This is me… celebrating new tools…
So I am making this list of a few things for you to put on your Christmas list… or as a present for yourself! These are in no particular order.
- Ryobi Belt Sander – I bought this to help with all of the sanding we’re doing on the flip house. Let me tell you, I should have coughed up the $50 for this a LONG time ago. I’ve sanded cabinet doors, wood beams, walls, floors… you name it, and it does it in a flash! Currently the price for the belt sander is $49.97 at Home Depot. 100% worth it! It’s about $20 MORE at Amazon.com.
- Homeright FinishMax Pro Paint Sprayer – I’ve tried a couple of HomeRight products and have liked them a lot. But the FinishMax Pro has my heart. I’ve told you how painting interior doors is a pain in the rear, but with this little cutie, it’s effortless! I am also using it to paint my kitchen cabinets. You can pick one up here!
- A Compound Miter Saw (mine slides and has a laser guide) – If you are a DIYer, you’re gonna need a saw. I love this one, it slides, it miters, it has a laser light show… or at least a guide to show you where you’ll be cutting. Once again Home Depot beats Amazon on the price. Currently these are on sale for $179.00.
- SKILSAW Table Wet Saw – If you are interested in tiling you’ll need a wet saw I have this one from Lowes. It was $89.00 and has been worth every dime! You can go much more expensive, but for me, since it was my first time tiling, I didn’t want to break the bank. This little guy is perfect!
- Ryobi impact driver – Once again, I purchased this while I was tiling my dining room. I have wood subfloors so I had to put down cement board. With the cement board you have to put about 1000 screws in each piece. With my regular drill, it was taking forever and my screws were not countersinking like they should. I bought this impact driver and felt like I was in the NASCAR pit! An impact driver not only turns the screws, but it punches them down at the same time. I was able to do a sheet of cement board in 1/4 the time it took me with a regular drill.
I bought this drill/driver kit that also came with 2 batteries. It was a great deal!
- DeWalt Angle Grinder – If you are tiling, you may have to do some small or circular cuts. An angle grinder with a diamond blade is going to be a great tool to do all of these things. I have also used mine to score and cut drywall (wear a mask…trust me), saw off nails that wouldn’t come out, and to grind down cement bumps. Amazon has the cheapest price on these right now. But be sure to also pick up your diamond blade if you are using this for tiling.
- Swanson Square – If you aren’t using a square, you should be. See that lip on the left hand side of the square below? That grabs on to a straight edge and allows you to make a straight line right across your boards or tile. I’m 100% guilty of just trying to mark two places on a piece of wood then use a ruler or straight edge to cut it across… but never again. With a square, you measure, mark your spot and draw your lines or angles. You can pick one up at Amazon for less than $10.
8. Last, but not least, one of my absolute favorite things about this time of year…is eBates!
If you are an online shopper, eBates needs to be your go-to shopping portal… best of all, it’s FREE! They give you back a percentage of what you spend at online stores, but during the holidays (especially on Black Friday) they will double or triple your percentage back. Seriously! Here’s a quick step by step on how to use eBates.
- Sign up for a free account here.
- When you are ready to shop, go to ebates.com, sign in and type in the store where you are wanting to shop. I typed in Lowe’s below. Then you’ll click on the store.
- You’ll be taken to the store’s eBates page where you can see all of the specials they have going on. If there was a coupon or promo code, you’d also see that here.
- Click the Shop Now button and you’ll be redirected to your shopping site (in my case it was Lowe’s).
- Shop away! Once you checkout, it takes 24hrs to 2 weeks for the rebate to appear in your eBates account.
- Each quarter eBates will send you a check! Easy as that!!
I’ve had my account for about 5 years and have gotten a couple thousand dollars back by using this trick. Yes, thousands! When we purchased flooring, items for our house and the flip house, I always use ebates, then on checkout, lots of times, I’ll just choose the “Pick Up In Store” option and pick up my purchases that day!
So.. what are you waiting for? It’s time to treat yourself to some great shopping, savings and (of course) new tools! Also, check out this shirt ladies… I’m in love!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I receive a small commission. All opinions and favorite tools are my own. 🙂