Hey, hey everyone! I’m back after a long, 3 month leave of absence.
Why did I take it? Well… here’s a partial list.
- Honestly after the holidays we had so much happen… my regular work has been slammed, like… really slammed. So much so, that I’ve been coming home and not wanting to do anything.
- We got the kiddo a puppy for Christmas and she was a handful the first 2 months. But look at this face…
I love her so stinkin much! Her name is Lucy and she has quickly become my 2nd child. She goes everywhere (except work) with me. I even take her when I go to Lowe’s and Home Depot… did you know that they are pet friendly?? I haven’t gotten any discounts yet for her cuteness… but we’re working on it.
- We finished the flip house and after 3 days on the market, had it under contract (woohoo).
But then it took FOREVER to close, we had to do 2 extensions and finally closed about 2 weeks ago. I’m going to do a whole summary post about the flip, there are lots of things that we learned in the selling process and I want to share them with you all so if anyone is looking to sell a house hopefully these things can help.
- We bought a rental house AND another flip house! We should be closing on those in the next week… and I’ll tell you what, I’ll have lots of blogging material and topics from these two places! Water in basements, adding a bathroom, what to do with a house FULL of wood paneling… ok, I’m still trying to figure that last one out! haha.
- Last, I don’t typically share too many personal life details with anyone… but, for the sake of laying it all out here…I’ve had winter blues. I get it every year, but this year has (by far) been the worst yet. I thought this was perfect for how I’ve felt.
When we still had the flip house to work on, it wasn’t too bad… but then we were done and I lost all motivation for everything. I haven’t wanted to see anyone or do anything or even go to the grocery. I’ve just stayed in my room, watched movies and napped. It’s a horrible dark and gloomy feeling, which is not like me, and thank goodness it only (typically) lasts a few weeks. But if next winter hits me this hard, I’m going to have to see a doctor or something. I now know why my grandparents went to Florida for a couple of months every winter, so I guess I get it honest. I am pretty sure that I was meant to live someplace where it is warm all year long, and Indiana ain’t it!
However, FINALLY!! Spring has sprung and last weekend, I thought… I’m going to paint my living room and entry! If you follow me on Facebook, you know that I ran in to an issue with my paint color clashing with the color of the stone on my fireplace. Result: I ended up gray-washing my stone fireplace! I am loving it so far so be sure to check out the tutorial.
So that’s been it! I’m excited to get back to writing and tutorials for you all! I’ll have some great tips and updates about painting by the end of the week!